Celebrity Kim Kardashian was seen wearing a relaxed pair of running shoes as opposed to her signature high heels she is usually spotted in. Since the beginning of her pregnancy the famous Kardashian has been suffering from pain in her feet as well as swollen ankles.
“My foot is so swollen. I will say. It really is. And I’m sad. You know, because all my shoes don’t really fit me anymore. But I heard it goes back, hopefully.” Since becoming pregnant, Kardashian has had to adjust to wearing flats and sneakers.
It is important that the swollen feet not be forced into uncomfortable shoes. If you believe you suffer from foot problems as a result of swollen feet from pregnancy, it is best to seek a podiatrist like Dr. Frank Brady, Jr. of West Orange Podiatry. Dr. Brady will evaluate your condition and provide appropriate treatment options for your feet.
What foot problems can arise during pregnancy?
One problem that can occur is over-pronation, which occurs when the arch of the foot flattens and tends to roll inward. This can cause pain and discomfort in your heels while you’re walking or even just standing up, trying to support your baby.
Another problem is edema, or swelling in the extremities. This often affects the feet during pregnancy, but tends to occur in the later stages.
How can you keep your feet healthy during pregnancy?
• Wearing orthotics can provide extra support for the feet and help distribute weight evenly
• Minimize the amount of time spent walking barefoot
• Wear shoes with good arch support
• Wear shoes that allow for good circulation to the feet
• Elevate feet if you experience swelling
• Massage your feet
• Get regular, light exercise, such as walking, to promote blood circulation to the feet